Saturday, October 27, 2007

Motivated Learners

Wow! I had my first meeting with Rodrigo and Walter today and I was very impressed by how motivated they are to learn. Rodrigo is braver than Walter, as Walter is somewhat shy. We were very conversational today, because I want them to be comfortable with me. We talked about what needs were most important to them and they are at different levels, so their needs are different. We met on campus, which they had never been to before, so I did spend some time touring them through the library and the student union. They were impressed by how much MSU has to offer. We all enjoyed ourselves and look forward to the next meeting. After the semester is over, I agreed to let them help me with my Spanish. This has honestly been the highlight of my week!

No comments: